Forum

× Help Forum English

[SOLVED] Registration data cannot be edited by administrator

• widtmann
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #13857 by widtmann
Hello
I'm using iCagenda for seat reservation in a theatre. Customers can book their seats over a webpage without registering (username/password). Sometimes it is necessary to change the reservation data since the customer decided to bring an additional person. Unfortunately I'm not able to edit the customers reservation data over the back-end even though I'm the administrator of the website. As soon as I'm changing the entry in the booking section and press save and close the page is freezing. It won't leave to the overview and the buttons do not work anymore. I have to close the web browser tab and open the page again to continue working. As a workaround I usually delete the entry and create a new one with the corrected data.
Is there a way to enable editing of bookings for the administrator?

Best regards
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [SOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 2 months ago #13859 by Lyr!C
Hello,

Do you use Joomla 2.5 or Joomla 3.6 ?

I'm not able to replicate this issue (just tested on Joomla 3.6.5), so i wonder if you don't have a script conflict somewhere on the page, due to another third party extension (plugin, editor button ?...).

But too, are you in administrator or super user permissions ? (as could be good to check that the iCagenda permissions rights to edit own items is enabled for the admin and/or super user, in case this setting was changed by error...)

Regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• widtmann
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #13863 by widtmann
Hello Cyril
I checked the page for script errors using Firefox Web Console and finally found the problem. It is a translation issue in admin\views\registration\tmpl\edit.php on line 372 where COM_ICAGENDA_REGISTRATION_UPDATE_NAME_AND_EMAIL_ALERT is used. In the German translation I'm using there are double quotes which mess up the script. By correcting it in the Overrides section I could fix the problem.

Best regards,
René

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 2 months ago #13889 by Lyr!C
Hello René,

Sorry for slow response... and thank you for this report!

I have updated the translation string on Transifex (www.transifex.com/joomlic/icagenda/language/de_DE/) to replace double quotes by single quotes.
Well, it seems that Transifex does not convert the double quotes (in core English translation i write myself, i use only single quotes).

You may have an update available for German translation pack ;-)

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK