× Help Forum English

after update to 3.8.22 no consideration of language overrides and complete.php

• Joomilette
  • Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 3 semaines #18367 par Joomilette
Hi Cyril,my localhost configuaration: Joomla 4.4.1, PHP 8.2.9, mySQL 8.0.34 since yesterdays update from iCagenda 3.8.20  to 3.8.22  free version my iCagenda language overrides  (/language/overrides/de-DE.override.ini) are suddenly no longer taken into account.In addition, after submitting the registration button in the registration form, the subsequent display from complete.php is missing.I have tested it without any template overrides with your default theme. Do you have any idea what could have gone wrong here?Hope you guys can fix this issue.
My live system is still running fine with Version 3.8.20

Rgds Joomilette

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Portrait de Lyr!C
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
  • Lead Developer
Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 3 semaines #18368 par Lyr!C
Hello,

As you're on localhost, i would check files and folders permissions.

It could be the reason for your issues.

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

Fichier attaché :

• Joomilette
  • Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 3 semaines #18375 par Joomilette
Hello Cyril,
I have checked the file and folder permissions. There are no restrictions. Today I installed the new update to 3.8.23. Thank you for that! Now the complete.php display works again after submitting!
But: The language overrides are unfortunately still not taken into account.  Again, I have no restrictions in the permissions. All other components are working with the language overrides. Something is still wrong...

Best regards, Joomilette
Les utilisateur(s) suivant ont remercié: Lyr!C

• Lyr!C
  • Portrait de Lyr!C
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
  • Lead Developer
Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 2 semaines #18379 par Lyr!C
Hello,

So i see about complete view not display, due to a bug now fixed.

About you override files, do you have string overrides only for iCagenda, or for others extensions / Joomla core?
And if for others, does it work there?

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

Fichier attaché :

• Joomilette
  • Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 2 semaines #18383 par Joomilette
Hello Cyril,Thank you very much! The complete view works again after the update. Many thanks for that!The language override issue is very strange. First of all: it has nothing to do with icagenda. It doesn't work with other components either. I initially thought it would work with the other components, but I didn't have many adjustments here.
It is a core phenomenon.
I have a de-DE.override.ini file in /language/overrides/ .  I originally created it with my Dreamweaver editor. Joomla suddenly stopped using it.
When I try to edit this file in the backend via system - language-overrides, Joomla does not find the file. But it is there.
I then created and edited the file using the backend functions. My old existing de-DE.override.ini has disappeared and a new one is being created. When I call up this new file via an external editor and edit and save it with my override entries, Joomla can no longer find the file! The file permissions are identical. So the cause must be the content. I suspect that it is due to my comment fields and the override file does not accept lines with a semicolon at the beginning. I have now created an override file WITHOUT comment lines and it works!!!I have another minor issue that could perhaps be considered in one of the next iCagenda updates.
When displaying the participants, the arrow from bootstrap points in the wrong direction when first called.
In the file: administrator/components/com_icagenda/src/Utilities/Registration/Participants.php
„collapsed“ should be added to line 196 in the button classSo that it looks like this at the end:
$list_participants.= ' <button class="accordion-button collapsed" type="button" data-bs-toggle="collapse"  etc.So far I have changed this manually after every update.Once again, thank you for your help!

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Joomilette

• Lyr!C
  • Portrait de Lyr!C
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
  • Lead Developer
Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 2 semaines #18385 par Lyr!C
Hello,

About overrides, i will recommend to use admin system instead of a file: docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Language_Overrides_in_Joomla

This will be easier to maintain, and the override.ini will be generated by Joomla automatically. ;-)

About list of participants, i've planned refactory for next 3.9.0 version.

Which is your Joomla version?

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

Fichier attaché :

• Joomilette
  • Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 2 semaines #18386 par Joomilette
Hello Cyril,

good to hear, and thank you again!
I have Joomla 4.4.1 and PHP 8.2.9 in use.
You are of course right about the override.ini. But if you have a lot of overrides, it is more efficient to use an editor and comment lines. So far there have been no problems with this. I am glad that I have found the cause. You never stop learning :-)

Regards Joomilette

• Lyr!C
  • Portrait de Lyr!C
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
  • Lead Developer
Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 2 semaines #18393 par Lyr!C
Hello,

So, is issue was a typo error in your override file?

Glad to know you've solved it! ;-)

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

Fichier attaché :

• Joomilette
  • Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 1 semaine #18396 par Joomilette
Hello Cyril,

I have now executed the update on the live system, everything worked fine. All language overrides (they were all created with an external editor) are recognized and work perfectly.

I had exactly the same language override file in the localhost as in the live system. So it was not a typo.
It was some strange phenomenon in the localhost. I am using the WAMP server (3.3.1).
As already written, it is definitely NOT due to iCagenda. Apparently something happened in the localhost during the Joomla update to 4.4.1.
Now everything works fine again.

Best regards
Joomilette

• Lyr!C
  • Portrait de Lyr!C
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
  • Lead Developer
Plus d'informations
il y a 4 mois 1 semaine #18398 par Lyr!C
Hello,

Thank you for feedback!
So, it was maybe related to localhost (file permission, joomla install issue...)

Great to know it's fixed now!

Happy Holidays!
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

Fichier attaché :

Modérateurs: Lyr!C
Temps de génération de la page : 0.258 secondes

Follow Us

Créez vos templates Joomla avec Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new