Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

[SOLVED] all old events are gone and event view is crashed??

• Harrywa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 3 days ago #14161 by Harrywa
Hi,
I've recently worked successfully with Icagenda without troubles, great work, thank you!

But today I've copied an event to created another (instead of creating a new one). After that, returning to the events view, it's getting this horrible view (see screenshot).
Furthermore I cannot see the events, which I've created before that incident in the backend. Interestingly, they are there, because I can see them in the frontend. If I create a new event, it is listed in the horrible event view, and also in the frontend.

So, what happened to my event view, is there something I can "undo" or similar? Every other view like Options, or Categories... all looks good but the Events view.

Thank you so much! Greetings
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 3 days ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [SOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Harrywa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #14162 by Harrywa
Additional information:
By entering this URL "/index.php?option=com_icagenda&view=event&layout=edit&id=120" and changing the ID at the very end, I can see and edit every single event from before in the usual, good looking "edit event" view. But event list view is still crashed.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #14163 by Lyr!C
Hello,

Do you use the latest iCagenda version ? (3.6.6)

Is seems one image is broken, or corrupted (wrong format/mime-type or else...)

The good news is that you don't have lost anything ;-)

So, just to be able to check your event's images (should be one of the last event you created), you can go to GLobal Options, then in General Settings, and there, turn off the thumbnails generator.
Do this to view the admin list, and then to be able to check what could be wrong with the image giving this issue.

Note: if the image is a distant url image, so it's a known bug in latest iCagenda versions, which will be fixed in 3.6.7.
So if it is the reason, just upload this image in your Joomla media manager, in order to be able to generate thumbnails with this image.

Best regards,
Cyril

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.2
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• Harrywa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #14164 by Harrywa
Hi, thank you so much for the fast and detailled response, at least I hope I can follow your steps. I will give it a try right now.

• Harrywa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #14165 by Harrywa
Hi,
thanks to your description, I've managed to bring the old events and the good looking events view back :-)

Puh, you really saved my day, I wouldn't have found the relation to the images without you!

The problem was in a space character in a subfolder of "images". I've removed the space, but I can still not use any images out of this folder. Is this somehow cached or something? I've disabled the icagenda's thumbnail generator and reenabled it, with no difference. If I use an image out of this folder (with no more space character), the event view still crashes... do you have another hint for here?

Thank you,

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #14166 by Lyr!C
Well great!

So, yes, never use space in a folder/file name ;-)

About event, do you have edit it to remove image url with space in input field? (Do it for all events having an image in the old-named folder with space)

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• Harrywa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 days ago #14223 by Harrywa
Yes, I've learned this lesson - thank you :-)

Maybe this is helpful for others: Sometimes I get this crashed-view also in other cases. I'm not 100% sure at the moment, but I think it appears if the event-image is too large. Maybe the calc of the thumbnails on the server needs too much time then? Because the detail view of the event is good, and the list of event is "crashed" (where the thumbnails are). I can only fix it by using the following URL in the browser, where the ID (16 in the example) has to be changed to the wanted event (try and error) and remove or change the event image:

<domain>/administrator/index.php?option=com_icagenda&view=event&layout=edit&id=16

regards,

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
7 years 3 days ago #14242 by Lyr!C
Hello,

In fact, image and folder shoudl be managed only using Joomla admin (media manager for folders, and to upload an event image, using the input field, or the media manager to update original images).

Not sure if your issue could be this (but it could as you had the issue with space in folder names, not possible using media manager), but if you transfert images using ftp, joomla media manager won't be able to control (as well for iCagenda) if the size of the image is not too big to allow manipulations to create thumbnails, depending on yoru server capacities/settings

Hope this helps ?

Regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• Harrywa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 day ago #14246 by Harrywa
You're right, until now I've used only FTP to transfer images. But I don't have any spaces anymore, I don't make this mistake again :-)

Not sure if I understand your hint correctly. Did you mean, if the uploads were done with the media manager, the file size is automatically checked to be not too big to successfully create thumbnails (with respect to the server's capacities)?

regards

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
6 years 11 months ago #14251 by Lyr!C

Did you mean, if the uploads were done with the media manager, the file size is automatically checked to be not too big to successfully create thumbnails (with respect to the server's capacities)?

Exactly!

Go in Joomla Media Manager Global Options, and you will find max size allowed for file upload (using FTP, server file_upload limit set in PHP config is not applied, so that's why you can transfert file using FTP with no limit of size (as no php code running).
But the Joomla site is using php and so controls the image/file before upload on your server. ;-)

Best regards,
Cyril

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Follow Us

acymailing logo new

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK